Sunday, June 12, 2005

Some Random Thoughts

  1. Why is it that people who say that "gender doesn't matter" when it comes to leadership positions in a church are the first to insist that both genders have to be represented? Either it matters or it doesn't.
  2. "Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith" reminded me that I really need to love God more than anything I have.
  3. You know that sex has saturated the culture when your 6 year-old comes home saying there is a girl in his class who wants to "hump."
  4. You can't afford to be too French (ie. talking with your hands) with people who don't understand "personal space." Too much accidental contact involved.
  5. I never thought I'd see the day when I would want to preach just because the pulpit was right under the ceiling fan.
  6. It is an odd feeling when you get a hug and slap from the same person for the same act. Talk about ambivalence!
  7. Wendy's is definitely a better bargain than McDonlad's.
  8. I get really annoyed with people who are younger than I am and think they are smarter for no reason other than that they are younger. My elders tell me I should just ignore them, but they're old. What do they know?
  9. Having your kids fall asleep on your lap is really sweet. Except when the house is 85 degrees. Then its just sweat.
  10. I don't actually have a 10th thought. I just wanted to get to 10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wendy's also has the playroom. you can't beat that. i'd pay more for dinner for that reason alone. but wendy's burgers are better than mcdonald's... although katya says that mcdonald's has better chicken nuggets.