Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Dubious Potential First

When I was a boy, growing up in Ottawa, I would occasionaly get to see the Changing of the Guard. For those of you who don't know, that's when a troop of soldiers in the traditional red surcoats and bearskin hats marches from the Governor General's residence, acccompanied by a band, in order to relieve another troop.

This all happens duing the summer when temperatures cn reach 30-35 degrees Celsius. Now take into consideration the uniforms, especially the bearskin hats (no fans), and you can understand why they have ambulances standing by for those who faint due to the heat.

So why do I bring this up? Because today I am performing an outdoor wedding, with no shade, in a black suit, and it is supposed to reach 35 degrees Celsius. Factor in the humidity, and it will feel something like 40 degrees Celsius, or 105 Farenheit.

There will be no ambulances, but I dread being possibly the first minister needing to be dragged off the field...

Ok, not really. But I really don't look forward to all the sweating. Ew.

1 comment:

In His Steps said...

Mike has made a sweat band at work that I should have had him loan you for the wedding. It is a blue sponge he cut out for his forehead with a piece of copper wire to wrap around the head. Quite the fashion statement!!!