Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I sin. I don't know too many people who would say otherwise. It isn't something I am proud of, nor something I enjoy even admitting. Every once in a while though it is wortwhile to remember that I am really no better than anyone else, and in some ways worse, than those around me. Its good for the ego.

I really appreciate how Paul calls himself the chief of sinners, not becuase I am a masochist who likes to beat himself up, ut simply because it helps me keep God's grace in perspective. It can be very easy to forget that what you have and are is a gift of grace. I don't deserve the intelligence, the gifts, the family, the ministry that I have. But as Paul said its all about grace, and God's grace has not been without effect.

I often wish it were of greater effect than it has been; I would like to be more of what I one day will be right now. Patience is hard. But I know the time will come. I just need to trust and obey.

No comments: