Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My wife insists that there is value in having lists of things to do. She often speaks of the satisfaction derived from being able to strike off an item from a list. Well, that may be true, but I have to say that the joy of striking off one thing is mitigated somewhat wwhen the list is long.

As you might guess, my list this week is very long.

It is at times like this that I am thankful that Jesus was able to take time amidst a very demanding ministry to pray. If He were more like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, I think I'd be frazzelled. Can you imagine Jesus looking at a watch and saying "I'm late!"?

Jesus was never late. He was rather more like Gandalf the Grey, who said that a wizard is never late, but arrives precisely when he intends to.

If only my deadlines were amenable to that kind of thinking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jesus probably didn't have a watch, either.