Friday, February 11, 2005

The Power of Fear

As part of my my reent promoton from 1/4 time to 1/2 time status in the church, I requested, and was granted, a book allowance.

Now, I haven't had one for a few years, and for me, who loves to read, and read technical things that most people developed glazed looks on teir faces merely contemplating looking at, this is a wonderful turn of events.

I feel a bit like a kid in a candy store with $250 to spend. Except that an individual candy for em will likely cost about $35 instead of a nickel. That to say that the money can be spent pretty quickly.

Now, I have been holding back a lot. I know what I want to get, but I don't want to just rush and start spending. Also I am taking a biblical financial management course, whcih really makes me want to avoid just rushing out and spending too.

But you know I want to.

I do.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest before I go and make a purchase...

No comments: