Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Odds and Ends

From the "Out Of The Mouths of Babes" File:

My youngest (he of the tone deaf ears) said, in a mealtime prayer, "help daddy be less of a grouch." Now I, of course, was wounded to the quick by this remark, having been pretty pleasnt ( so others have told me, thank you very much!) the last coupe of weeks. I asked my progeny when I have been a grouch. His response: "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday..."

He had the most disgustingly impish grin on his face as he recited each and every day of the week. Clearly hew was savouring the opportunity to stick it to me. Frankly, I think that's a pretty complex and clever dig for the little guy to make. Methinks I am in a lot of trouble when he reaches puberty.

From the "Out of the Mouths of Colour Analysts" file:

Pierre McGuire of TSN commented on the Russian hockey team playing Canada thusly: "They should be called for diving! They're going down faster and easier than free beer at a frat party!"

Incidentally, Canada destroyed the Russians 6-1 to take gold at the World Juniour Hockey Championships.

From the "I should have seen it coming" file:

I posted office hours of 9-11 most mornings. My phone stayed absolutely quiet until 10:55 am.

Finally, from the "Out of the mOuth of God" File:

Ephesians 2:10 (The Message) "No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing."



No comments: