Saturday, March 26, 2005

I Need A Vacation

The last few days have seen me slow down substantially simply due to being too fatigued to maintain my usual frenetic pace. Not good. I need a vacation.

But what would I do on a vacation? if I could choose anything? Good question. I suppose would have to make two lists; one with and one without my family. Yes, I refuse to feel guilty about feeling the need to occasionally be secluded from even my most loved ones.

So:

With My Family

  • Lots of camping, preferably a cross country tour. I think I'd take a summer to do that, stopping to camp in some fo the most scenic areas this great country has to offer. I don't have space to go into all the places I'd wat to take the kids to that I know of, let alone the ones I don't know about yet.
  • A trip to Kingdom Bound ( http://www.kingdombound.org/ ) The kids would love Six Flags!
Without My Family
  • I'd go on a spiritual retreat, probably Billy Graham's The Cove.
  • I'd take courses at some pictureseque campus. Maybe I'd go back to Acadia. Wolfville is definitely a beautiful spot.
  • Find me a warm beach and a book, baby!
I imagine I should have a third list, namely witout my kids but with my wife. I would probably do a tour of Europe with particular attention to spots of biblical, and historical significance. Some out of the way things. I would also probably do a missions trip to South America.

I'll stop dreaming for now; I need to get back to house hunting!

No comments: