Tuesday, November 23, 2004

What's Love Got To Do With It? Plenty!

How much of a person's life is consumed by love? We soend our early lives being bathed in it (hopefully) by our parents and fmailies. We spend our pre-teen years trying to figure out what it is. Our teen years are spent pursuing love obssessively, often confusing it with sex. As adults we wonder what happened to it.

As seniors? I am not sure yet. I am not there yet!

I guess it really makes sense that so much of literature, art, music, etc. is focussed on the topic. It really seems to be part of the human condition to consider love in as many ways as possible.

So what kind of love is the most powerful when it comes to motivation? I am not sure. I think it depends on the person, what your personality responds to. Me, I think the kind of love that motivates me is the one I don't have. Unrequited love gets to me. Of course that same love, when returned, is also very powerful, but for some reason the "Spock Rule" applies. Maybe its human nature, but it seems that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical but it is often true.

Maybe I should go around asking others about what kind of lvoe gets them going. Maybe.

Oh, before I go, I thought I'd give a flashback. I was listening to the radio this morning and was reminded of the classic WKRP episode where Mr. Carlson drops dozens of turkeys on Cincinnati.

The classic line: "As God is my witness... I thought turkeys could fly!"

Or something like that.


No comments: