Sunday, November 06, 2005

Here's Hoping This is a Joke Too

I have come acorss a blog for The Progressive Christian

I would like to see this blog be announced to be a joke in fairly short order. It is, quite simply, offensive.

The reasons are several:

1) The designation of the Bible as a superstition would seem to deny one the right to call onesself a Christian. Saying one is a Christian, a follower of Jesus, whilecalling the only source of Jesus' teaching superstition is irrational. If one does not take the Bible to be reliable, a mere supersition, how do you know what a Christian is?

2) The use of terms like "fundamentalist," without regard for their historic or proper use, is hard to swallow.

3) God is not a She.

I could go on, but you get the point.

In reality I more than half expect it to be a prank blog. Coming as this does on the heels of another recent hoax, and being in a similar vein, I would not be surprised to find someone doing a copy cat effort. Sadly this one is even more over the top, which is to say it isn't even as good a hoax as the other blog, should this blog turn out to be a hoax.

Some people I think have too much time on their hands.

No comments: