Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No Post Mortem

I have no choice but to acknowledge that my hockey team, the Ottawa Senators, was recently eliminated from the Stanley Cup Playoffs. That acknowledgement constitutes the sum total of my commentary on the topic.

I have weightier matters to ponder.

Like caffeine. As in, I drink too much of it. I have worked far too hard of late, and have spent the last couple of weeks essentially functioning on the strength of coffee. That , of course, could not continue. This past weekend, I slept something close to 24 hours in a 36 hour span. To make matters worse, I did this through Mother's Day.

I am considering this a wake up call. A combination fo workaholism and coffeeholism is dangerous indeed. So I have reached a solution. I will allow myself a maximum of teo caffeinated ocffees per day. Anything above that will have to be decaf.

A radical step? Perhaps. But necessary.

No comments: